She gets her hair
from her mom.
Her eyes from
And her drugs
from her parents’ kitchen cabinet.
44.9% of people who misuse prescription drugs get them from family or friends. Prevent your children, friends and relatives from misusing your own medication by securing your meds in places they cannot access.
Secure Your Medicine to Prevent Youth Prescription Drug Misuse
The Lock Your Meds campaign, created by the National Family Partnership, is a universal prevention campaign intended to save lives by preventing prescription drug misuse, which is the fastest growing substance misuse problem in America. Did you know that 44.9% of misused medications come from family and friends, not a stranger/drug dealer or the internet? Lock Your Meds encourages people to secure and take regular inventory of their medication so it doesn't fall into the wrong hands. Many adults may be unintentional suppliers and awareness is the key to ending this preventable epidemic.
Spread the Message in Your Child's School or Community
Take the Pledge
Take a stand against prescription drug abuse.
By completing the form below and participating in the Lock Your Meds campaign, I pledge to do the following:
- Secure my medication to prevent children and guests from accessing it.
- Take regular inventory of my medicine to make sure nothing is missing.
- Safely dispose of unused or expired medication.
- Teach my children (and/or the children in my life) the difference between helpful medicine and harmful drugs – and to only take medicine that is prescribed by a doctor and given by a parent or caregiver.
- Spread the word and encourage family and friends to take a stand against prescription drug abuse.